Based in Zagreb, Croatia
13 July, 2017
All You Can Eat is a unique interactive comic that blends the mechanics of playing a game seamlessly with the experience of reading a comic. In the game you play as the protagonist who has been living inside a 24/7 diner for the last ten years, off of a single "All You Can Eat" coupon. Now, the diner is about to close for good and our hero is going to end up on the street unless he finds a way to keep the diner open.
This is the first game in our series of interactive comics and our first game overall. It was inspired by daily newspaper comics such as Dilbert or Calvin and Hobbes. The whole development of the game took around 3 months, in line with our philosophy of trying to make small games first before jumping to bigger titles.
- every interaction in the game world (such as talking, picking up items, using objects etc.) creates a new comic panel, furthering the story
- hundreds of unique hand-drawn (and hand-scanned!) content rich panels for all the various combinatinos
- all the in-game dialogues are done in the "3 panel structure" of daily newspaper comics
- when the player ends the game, he is given the option to print out his gameplay in a comic book format
- a new game+ option with a developer commentary track when you finish the game
Gameplay Video YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Transmedia Project (nomination)" Filmteractive Warsaw, 12 October, 2017
- "Best Game Idea (nomination)" AzPlay Bilbao, 30 November, 2017
- "Official Selection" A Maze. Johannesburg, 16 September, 2017
- "Official Selection" Reversed Vienna, 6 July, 2017
- "The off-beat humor comes across as more fun than forced and the relatively short playtime makes it easy to explore all outcomes. [...] Combined with a ridiculously low price-point (seriously, only $1.99) this is one of the most relentlessly clever projects I’ve seen this month."
- Joanna Mueller, Cliqist
- "While the premise certainly sounds bizarre enough, it's the presentation that really sets All You Can Eat apart. Described as an "interactive comic" inspired by the likes of Dilbert and Calvin and Hobbes, the game has been literally designed like a three-panel, black-and-white newspaper comic strip."
- Jack Allin, AdventureGamers
- "It is not every day you find a game that you can actually print out after you finish. The concept is pretty cool, especially when the result matches up to what you did."
- RipWitch, Save or Quit
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Steam community page for All You Can Eat
Join the discussion in the Steam Community steamcommunity.com.
Gamechuck is a game development duo that wants to provide innovative and unique gaming experiences. Our vision consists of games where the mechanics are intertwined with the story, the visuals, and the sound. We also spend time thinking of new ways to push the boundaries of existing game genres. Accomplishing the task of creating well rounded games is a complex job, and eager to share their work with the world, we decided to start off with shorter games, but that doesn't mean we don't have ilussions of grandeur!
More information on Gamechuck, our logo & relevant media are available here.
All You Can Eat Credits
Art and sound
Story and code